[Arabidopsis] question on linkage of two loci

Smith Chiang via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by chiangscn from gmail.com)
Thu Jul 16 20:23:04 EST 2015

Hello colleagues,

We want to get double mutants for two paralogous genes using single
mutants to cross in Arabidopsis. The two genes are on the same arm of
a chromosome wth the AGI# being At2g16400 and At2g10740. Roughly there
are (16400-10740)/10=566 genes between these two genes.

My question is:
how to calculate the genetical distance (in cM) or crossing-over
percentage between the two genes, based on the AGI#?
Is it possible to get double mutants for these two linked genes? How
many lines should we screen in F2 seedlings?

thanks for your input,

Smith