A PhD position is available in my lab:
In the frame of a large project we are looking for a PhD student to carry out genomic and epigenomic analyses in apples and roses.
The project aims at creating epigenomes of apple and rose (two closely related plants). This will allow for instance the identification of DNA methylation patterns that correlate with certain traits (such as fruit color or the control of flowering). The candidate will be working in close proximity with post-docs who are in the "wet lab" producing the genomic data to be analysed.
The candidate will be incorporated into the existing Bioinformatics group, which already has broad expertise in de novo assembly of apple genomes and transcriptomics. Furthermore the group has an excellent IT equipment.
The main tasks will be:
- re-sequencing of apple genomes (de novo assembly, annotation)
- analysis of apple epigenomes (DNA methylation, several histone modifications) and transcriptomes (ChIP seq, RNA seq)
- set-up of a genome browser to visualize epigenomes, transcriptomes
- Good knowledge in the analysis of genomic data (genome resequencing, de novo assembly transcriptomics)
- Good knowledge in genetics
Please contact me directly for sending your CV of for further information:
etienne.bucher from angers.inra.fr
Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences UMR1345 (INRA / Agrocampus-ouest / Université d'Angers)
Centre Angers-Nantes/ INRA-IRHS batiment B, 42 rue Georges Morel – BP 60057
49071 Beaucouzé cedex - France
Tel +33 (0)2 41 22 57 75