[Arabidopsis] re:lab-Software

Charles Gasser via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by csgasser from ucdavis.edu)
Thu Oct 16 20:59:41 EST 2014

We have a Filemaker database we have used for years that now has more than 14,000 plantings in it.  I can send you a blank version of the database file that you could use.  I also have instructions on its use.  You have to purchase Filmaker to use it and to modify it.  Filemaker is really easy to use.  We also use it to print out labels for pots etc.  It’s easy to search and to make new printouts, but we have not done the programming to make it draw family trees.  Let me know if you want it and I can send it you.  I have provided it to about a dozen other labs.

Chuck Gasser

Beena wrote:

Dear All,

I work with transformations and transgenic plants and handle many
cultivars. Could anyone kindly suggest a software which I can use for
detail recording of all the experiments and track the plants and their
pedigree?

Greetings!
Beena

Charles S. Gasser