[Arabidopsis] Arabidopsis meeting- New: meet-ups; Weed Stampede; Banquet; Childcare resources

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Sat Apr 12 22:30:13 EST 2014

Hi all,

(1) A reminder that the early registration deadline is coming shortly. After
this, prices increase as follows:
Registration Rates:
1.
2. Students: $550 CAD early / $650 CAD after May 1
3.
4. Postdocs/Faculty/Academic/Non-Profit: $700 CAD early/$800 CAD after May 1
5.
6. Industry/For-Profit: $800CAD early/$900 CAD after May 1

(2) Community-organized meet-ups are being facilitated by organizers! Visit
this URL to see how to organize one yourself and see the first meet-up
scheduled for ICAR 2014.
http://arabidopsisconference2014.org/community-social-events

(3) The second ICAR Weed Stampede is confirmed! Trail runs of 5-10K are
being organized by local scientists for Wednesday in the beautiful Pacific
Spirit Park surrounding the University. See the social events URL for
details (and bring your running shoes to Vancouver):
http://arabidopsisconference2014.org/social-events

(4) The Conference banquet is proving to be very popular- sales of tickets
are quite strong and we expect this event to sell-out. Be sure to get your
ticket early to avoid disappointment (details- we have reserved the world
famous Museum of Anthropology on the UBC campus as the site for a uniquely
West Coast experience: an outdoor salmon barbecue. Surrounded by
breathtaking scenery, delegates will enjoy a truly gourmet meal on the
museum lawn. We have also arranged for the museum to be open for exclusive
ICAR access during the evening.)

(5) Childcare resources are posted- see bottom of this URL:
http://arabidopsisconference2014.org/vancouver

We hope to see you there!
-North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee
-UBC Local Organizing Committee
--
Joanna Friesner Ph.D.
NAASC Coordinator

ICAR 2014, The 25th International Conference on Arabidopsis Research
Organized by the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee
July 28-Aug. 1, 2014
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada
http://arabidopsisconference2014.org/