[Arabidopsis] Three Postdoctoral Positions

John Browse via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jab from wsu.edu)
Wed Apr 9 16:51:17 EST 2014

THREE POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATES

John Browse's Laboratory
Institute of Biological Chemistry
Washington State University

I am looking for three well-trained, determined and imaginative
researchers to join current members of my laboratory in three related
projects investigating key aspects of lipid metabolism in plants.

1.  Metabolic Engineering of Oilseeds:  This research is part of a
seven-laboratory collaboration that seeks to engineer the production
of useful chemicals in oilseeds.

2.  Synthesis and Action of Jasmonate Hormone:  The current focus of
this project is on distinguishing the growth inhibition and defense

3.  Lipid Structure and Photosynthetic Function:  This project uses
phenomics approaches to discover emergent phenotypes in mutants of
Arabidopsis with alterations in chloroplast lipid composition.

Applicants should have experience in biochemistry, genetics and/or
molecular biology, but prior work with plants or with lipids is not
essential. It is more important that you are ready to develop and
succeed with your chosen research project.  You will have excellent
opportunities to collaborate and publish with 10 other members of my
laboratory and to develop your project as the basis of your future
career. You can find out more about my research program through
PubMed and other sites. The Institute of Biological Chemistry at
Washington State University is an excellent research environment for
the work that is planned (http://cahnrs-cms.wsu.edu/ibc/).

The positions will be available from May, 2014 (but the start dates
are flexible) for an initial period of one year.  Reappointment for
up to three years is possible.  Salary will be commensurate with
experience.  Review of applications will begin immediately, and
continue until the positions are filled.  Send curriculum vitae, a
statement of research interests and career goals, representative
publications, and three letters of reference to:  John Browse, email:
jab from wsu.edu  Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State
University, Pullman, WA 99164-6340, USA; telephone 509-335-2293; EOE/AA/ADA.

John Browse
Institute of Biological Chemistry
Washington State University
Pullman,  WA 99164-6340

ph. 509-335-2293;  FAX 509-335-7643;  email: jab from wsu.edu
lab  509-335-2337
FedEx Clark Hall Rm. 299