[Arabidopsis] Chromosome Selection Marker for Agrobacterium tumefaciens C58 derivation strain: NTL4

Zhao, Zixiao (MU-Student) via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by zzhao from mail.missouri.edu)
Wed Apr 2 22:22:49 EST 2014

Dear All:

I recently receive an Agrobacterium tumefaciens strain: NTL4. It is a cured strain without any Ti plasmid. The chromosome background is C58. Here is the reference:

Luo Z-Q, Clemente TE, & Farrand SK (2001) Construction of a derivative of Agrobacterium tumefaciens C58 that does not mutate to tetracycline resistance. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 14(1):98-103.

I thought this strain is a C58 derivate so it might carry rifampicin resistance gene on its chromosome. However I try YEP liquid medium with different rif concentration: 0, 10 mg/L, 15 mg/L, and 30 mg/L. Their is nothing coming out except YEP with no rif.

I want to ask does anyone know the chromosome selection marker for NTL4 strain?

Thank you

Cheers

Zixiao Zhao

335B Bond Life Science Center