[Arabidopsis] AIP open for business

Town, Christopher D. via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cdtown from jcvi.org)
Tue Apr 1 13:59:44 EST 2014

The Arabidopsis Information Portal (AIP) development group is pleased to announce that the first public instance of the new portal (www.araport.org) will become accessible on April 2, 2014.  We provide various views of the Arabidopsis thaliana Col-0 genome using TAIR10 data with two genome browsers,  JBrowse and GBrowse, and an instance of InterMine called ThaleMine that has been customized to present many of the data types familiar to users of TAIR "Locus Detail" pages as well as other information. This release, named Preview 2, is made publicly available in the hopes of generating feedback from the user community. Release 1, scheduled for this summer, will integrate additional apps and data from the community. We look forward to receiving your questions and suggestions via the web site. The AIP project receives funding from the NSF (USA) and BBSRC (UK).

The AIP team at JCVI, TACC, Cambridge and Carnegie.