[Arabidopsis] 2 Postdoc positions in epigenetic control of development, plant chromatin research and epigenomics

Lars Hennig via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Lars.Hennig from slu.se)
Mon Sep 24 05:13:05 EST 2012

We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our ongoing research projects on chromatin function and epigenetics in plants. We study regulation of flowering time and stress physiology with a focus on the function of Polycomb Group proteins and other chromatin modifying protein complexes. Polycomb Group proteins are major regulators of cell fate and differentiation and have been implicated in tumor formation in animals. We use forward genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology and genomics approaches to uncover the molecular mechanisms by which chromatin states affect gene expression and establish cellular identity. Our approaches involve diverse technologies ranging from transcriptome and epigenome profiling by next generation sequencing over mass spectrometry to machine learning and modeling.

The positions are open to enthusiastic individuals with strong records of scientific productivity. Applicants should have a solid background in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or bioinformatics. Candidates with strong interest in epigenetics, chromatin and epigenomics are especially encouraged to apply.
The positions are associated with the research group of Lars Hennig at the Department of Plant Biology and Forest Genetics at the SLU, Uppsala. The department offers a creative and stimulating international environment covering diverse fields in basic and applied plant biology; for more information visit the web page at www.vbsg.slu.se
Plant science is particularly strong in Uppsala and coordinated in the Linnean Center for Plant Biology. With the Science for Life Laboratories in Uppsala and Stockholm we have access to most advanced technology platforms for genomics, proteomics, bioimaging and chemical biology. In addition, the Evolutionary Biology Centre and other institutes at Uppsala University make unique expertise locally available.

Uppsala, Sweden's fourth largest city, has two universities and with 35'000 students a very lively student atmosphere. The SLU campus is ideal for outdoor recreation, with football pitches, a beach volleyball court, a Frisbee golf course, paths for jogging and three gyms offering ample keep-fit opportunities. Stockholm, the Venice-of-the-North, is not far away - it takes only 40 minutes by train. Stockholm international airport is also close by, 20 minutes by train from Uppsala, and has frequent connections to many international destinations.

Applications, including (1) CV including publication list, (2) a description of research experiences, (3) a statement of scientific interests as well as (4) contact information of two to three referees should be submitted by e-mail to Lars.Hennig from slu.se.

Dr. Lars Hennig
Professor of Genetics
Uppsala BioCenter
Department of Plant Biology and Forest Genetics
PO-Box 7080
SE-75007 Uppsala, Sweden
Lars.Hennig from vbsg.slu.se
Tel. +46 18 67 3326