We have a job opening for a postdoctoral scientist in Bioinformatics who
will be involved in the integrative analysis of RNA-seq data and growth
Please forward to any interested colleagues.
Stefanie De Bodt
(our apologies for multiple posting)
Postdoctoral Scientist Bioinformatics
The Department of Plant Systems Biology, VIB, University Ghent
an internationally renowned and dynamic research institute that employs
genomics and bioinformatics to unravel developmental processes in
plants. The Systems
Biology of Yield group, headed by Prof. Dirk Inzé, is focusing on the
integration of multiple
data sources (genomics, transcriptomics, phenotyping) to investigate the
of plant growth in relation to the environment.
- Job description:
We want to recruit an enthusiastic postdoc in bioinformatics/systems
biology. With the advent
of sequencing technologies, we are now able to exploit the natural
variation of plants to study
growth and development in the model species Arabidopsis thaliana as well
as the crop
species Zea mays (corn). You will be involved in the integrative
analysis of RNA-seq data
and growth phenotype data. The successful applicant will be working in
with our experimental team, to develop and apply computational methods
to analyze inhouse
· You have a PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Science or in
Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Bioengineering or equivalent.
· You have a good knowledge/experience in programming (one or more of the
following: Perl/Python, R, SQL, Java and/or C++), proficiency in Unix/Linux.
· Experience with next-generation sequencing and/or microarray data
genome-wide association mapping, machine learning and/or network
inference is a
· Strong background in statistics is a plus
· Good knowledge of plant biology is a plus
· You speak English fluently. You have good communication skills and
like to work in a
team. You can work independently and like to take initiative.
- The contract will be for a period of 3 years. We offer a diverse job
in a young international
team, an open and informal work atmosphere and in modern facilities. The
institute is located
in the vibrant university city of Ghent.
- Start date: as soon as possible, the position remains vacant until a
suitable candidate is
- Application: Send your letter of motivation, your CV and references to
(christine.tire from psb.vib-ugent.be). Further information can be obtained
by contacting Stefanie
De Bodt (stefanie.debodt from psb.vib-ugent.be).
Stefanie De Bodt, PhD
VIB Department of Plant Systems Biology, UGent
Tel: 32 (0)9 3313692