[Arabidopsis] Fungus gnats

George Haughn via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by george.haughn from botany.ubc.ca)
Wed Apr 27 12:58:07 EST 2011

A cheap option to control fungal knats is to avoid over-watering your
plants.  If you wait until the top layer of soil in your pots is dry to
the touch before watering the algae and fungus do not grow and therefore
the knats cannot thrive.  We have virtually eliminated the knat problem in
this way.

George Haughn, Professor
Botany Department,  University of British Columbia
6270 University Blvd,  Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z4,  Canada
Tel:  604 822-9089
FAX:  604 822-6089
E-mail george.haughn from ubc.ca
http://www3.botany.ubc.ca/haughn/