[Arabidopsis] RE:Fungus gnats

Charles Gasser via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by csgasser from ucdavis.edu)
Wed Apr 27 12:21:21 EST 2011

Vera,
Another option is Gnatrol, a Bt-based soil treatment.  We have had very good luck with it.  It is not persistent in the soil and so sometimes needs to be included in watering more than once, but in our experience in doesn't have any deleterious effects on the plants (it is just a preparation of dead bacteria harboring the dipteran-specific insecticidal protein).  A google search will find lots of sources and several protocols.

Chuck Gasser