[Arabidopsis] Fungus gnats

vnunes from igc.gulbenkian.pt via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by vnunes from igc.gulbenkian.pt)
Wed Apr 27 10:54:29 EST 2011

Hello,

Although we autoclave the soil, fungus gnats are still a problem
inside our growth chambers.

The chambers were cleaned now and to prevent future damages due to
fungus gnats larvae we are planning to use CONFIDOR (a.i.
imidacloprid) in one of the first waterings after the cover removal
[dilution rate of 40-50uL/L] . Other options are TRIGARD (a.i.
cyromazine) or ACTARA (a.i. thiamethoxam). Can someone advice me
regarding the dilution rates, number of applications and any other
hint so that the treatment has better chances to work and without any
negative effect to Arabidopsis?

Thank you,
Vera Nunes