[Arabidopsis] New fun, deadline, for Arabidopsis conference

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Wed Apr 20 15:52:51 EST 2011

It's not too late to register to attend the 2011 Arabidopsis conference at
the University of Wisconsin-Madison!

News Items:
1) the deadline to submit abstracts for posters is coming up soon- May 9th.
2) we've added a 5K Fun Run on the Lake- the First 'Weed Stampede'. Bring
your running shoes- it will be a great way to start the morning.
3) the banquet site is set- or, rather, 'Sett'. The brand new Union South
building had its grand opening a few days ago and we'll have our banquet in
the Sett area (see article below for more details.) Rather than the standard
banquet in one big room, we'll be taking over at least two floors of the
building plus an attached outside deck. If we get enough people coming to
the banquet we'll open the bottom floor which holds pool tables, 8 bowling
lanes and a climbing/bouldering wall that spans three floors.

Come one, come all! Plenty of inexpensive dorm rooms still available and
also regular hotel rooms.
Meeting website:
http://www.union.wisc.edu/arabidopsis
New Union South Article: