hygromycin resistance

Harumi Tanimoto tanimoto_h at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:52:20 EST 2004

<x-flowed>Hi,

I am having trouble growing Arabidopsis plants with hygromycin resistance.
After selecting on hygromycin and transfering resistant plants to soil, most
plants do not survive.  I have spoken to other researchers, some of whom
have had the same trouble and some who have not. It seems that it may depend
on the vector used and/or the gene being expressed from the vector.

Can anybody tell me more specifically what it is that determines how
resistant transformants are for  particular vector?  If not, could you let
me know whether or not you have had trouble with hygromycin resistance in
the past and what vector you used?

Thanks,

Mimi Tanimoto

Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
111 Koshland Hall
University of California
Berkeley
CA 94720