Feldmann lines

Kim Leonie Johnson k.johnson at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Fri May 18 00:01:47 EST 2001

I have screened the Feldmann lines by PCR using a gene specific primer and
the LB border primer which resulted in a band being amplified from the
superpool CD5-2.  The band was sequenced and is real so having ordered the
next pools of 20 lines i screened these by the same method.  I have a
positive for only one pool yet no second positive allowing me to determine
which pool of 10 seed lines i require.
Has anyone encountered the same problem and if so have they any
suggestions on how i can find the second pool.  I have tried nesting and
also have blotted the gels without success.  Any help would be
appreciated,
Thanks Kim

Kim Johnson
Plant Cell Biology Research Centre