Post-doc positions in molecular genetics of meiosis

Hong Ma hxm16 at email.psu.edu
Wed May 9 10:13:03 EST 2001

Post-doctoral Positions:
Molecular Genetic Analysis of Arabidopsis Meiosis

Laboratory of Dr. Hong Ma, Penn State University
http://www.bio.psu.edu/People/Faculty/Ma/

Our lab is interested in understanding plant meiosis at the molecular
level. We have recently isolated several mutants with defects
in male meiosis and cloned some of the genes. One of the genes
encodes a putative cyclin, and is required for the attachment of
homologous chromosomes during late prophase I and metaphase I.
Another gene is required for normal meiotic spindle structure and
function. Projects on these genes and other aspects of meiosis
are available for new post-doctoral fellows this year.
Penn State is located in State College, a small town in central
Pennsylvania, with hills and streams nearby. Also, major
east-coast cities, such as New York and Washington, are within a few
hours of driving distance.
Please contact Dr. Hong Ma at
hxm16 at psu.edu, or 814-863-1357 by fax. (Department of Biology,
Life Sciences Consortium, 504 Wartik Lab, Penn State University,
University Park, PA 16802, USA)

Hong Ma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Biology and