New Patmatch Version Release Notes
December 17, 2001
We are pleased to announce an updated version of our Patmatch utility.
The Patmatch program allows searching of short DNA and protein sequences
in the Arabidopsis genome. Patmatch allows for ambiguous characters,
mismatches, insertions and deletions, but does not do alignments and so
is not a replacement for BLAST and FASTA. The new version provides the
following major new features:
Major new features:
* Works with the latest versions of our BLAST datasets, including the
latest genome information, greatly enhancing the consistency between the
* The results page is hyperlinked to entries in the TAIR database,
and a direct link is provided to the matched sequence.
* Genbank and PIR entries are linked out to the respective databases.
* A 'download' link allows the retrieval of all matches in
tab-delimited format for further analysis on your computer.
* The results page uses a new indexing scheme for faster data access.
* The user-interface has been adapted to the TAIR look-and-feel.
The new Patmatch program can be accessed at:
or go to www.arabidopsis.org and click on the Patmatch link in the Tools
Bugs and Problems:
Please report bugs and problems to curator at arabidopsis.org