RNAi questions

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Mon Nov 6 16:23:43 EST 2000

<x-flowed>Thanks Joshua Levin, Chris Yuen and Anne Britt for pointing me to the
paper: "Total silencing by intron-spliced hairpin RNAs" (Nature
407:319, 21 September 2000).

>They tested a variety of constructs and seemed to conclude that, at
>least for the gene they tested, you can get near 100% silencing
>using a construct overexpressing sense-intron-antisense cDNA.  On
>the other hand, when using a GUS loop as the spacer they still got a
>respectable ~60% silencing.

Jon

   Jonathan D. Monroe           	    Associate Professor
   Department of Biology, MSC 7801   office: 540-568-6649
   James Madison University	      fax: 540-568-3333
   Harrisonburg, VA 22807   	email: monroejd at jmu.edu
      http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html

</x-flowed>