unfinished Arabidopsis seq data?

Simon Lin simon_lin at med.unc.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:49:44 EST 2000

Dear All:

I am not familiar with plant genomics. Recently, I heard from a chat that
there is usually a delay (is this true?) for the Arabidopsis sequence data
to be submitted to GenBank. Obviously, you can get a competitive advantage
to exploit this 'time-gap'. Some faculty asked us to collect all these
unfinished data daily. This way, the researcher can get three to six months
ahead of others.

Where are the unfinished Arabidopsis sequence data? How often are they
released (hourly? daily? monthly?)???? Does it make sense to collect and
compile these data from the TIGR, WashU, and several other sites daily?

We are brain-storming for this project, but have not started yet. Pros or
cons? Anybody know a group had already done this?

Simon

         Simon Lin, M.D.
         Duke Bioinformatics Shared Resource
         http://www.canctr.mc.duke.edu/bioinformatics
Mailing address:
         Hanes 248, Trent Drive
         Box 3958, Duke University Medical Center
         Durham, NC 27710
         Ph: (919) 681-9646
         FAX: (919) 681-8028
         lin00025 at mc.duke.edu
Street address for express mail only: Jones Bldg., Room 133, Research Drive,
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27708