BLAST service at TAIR

Sue Rhee rhee at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 9 21:51:57 EST 2000

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

Thank you for all your input regarding TAIR BLAST. We have changed a few
things to hopefully improve the performance (using more than one server,
preventing browser timeout, etc...)

In order to improve the performance for everyone, we would like to
impose the following limits on the input sequence size starting tomorrow,
Friday, March 10th.

BLASTN = 25000 bp (All datasets)
BLASTX = 25000 bp (All datasets)
BLASTP = 5000 aa  (All datasets)
TBLASTN = 1000 aa (Large datasets. ArabidopsisN, etc)
TBLASTN = 5000 aa (Small datasets, New GenBank and similar size datasets)
TBLASTX = 1000 bp (Large datasets. ArabidopsisN, etc)
TBLASTX = 5000 bp (Small datasets, New GenBank and similar size datasets)

Also you will be able to query upto 10 sequences at once (in FastA
format), given that the total size doesn't exceed the above limits.
This could be summarized as:

nucleotide queries  - 25 kb except tblastx/large datasets (1 kb) and
tblastx/small datasets (5 kb)

amino acid queries - 5000 aa except tblastn/large datasets (1000 aa)

Large datasets = GenBankPlus, GenBankMinus, Protein, GenBank >10K, All
Plant

Please let us know if you have any problems with these limits.

Thanks,
The TAIR Team
www.arabidopsis.org
curator at arabidopsis.org