Inexpensive X-Gluc

Alan Smith smitam01 at holmes.ipfw.edu
Wed Mar 8 13:31:02 EST 2000

Hello Everyone,

I am having a very difficult time finding companies which specialize in
selling the GUS substrate X-GlucA
(5-Bromo-4-chloro-3-indoyl-3-D-Glucuronic acid) at inexpensive prices.
I was able to find X-Gluc at the large chemical companies
(Sigma-Aldrich), but it was extremely expensive.  We only need a small
quantity of X-Gluc, about 200mg.  Any information about companies which
sell X-GlucA at a decent price would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Alan Smith
Graduate Student
Dept. of Biology