Postdoc positions available

Dave Jackson jacksond at cshl.org
Wed Mar 1 10:35:00 EST 2000

Postdoctoral Positions
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York
(Received 02/15)
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the lab of Dr. David Jackson
to study genetic and molecular aspects of shoot meristem function in
maize and
Arabidopsis. The first position is to study cell-to-cell trafficking of
the KNOTTED1 homeodomain protein using Arabidopsis as a model system.
Imaging of
GFP fusions will be used to study this novel pathway of cell-to-cell
communication; experience in confocal microscopy and/or Arabidopsis
genetics preferred.
The second position is to characterize mutations in maize ear
development, including the fasciated ear2 gene that we have recently
cloned. Experience in maize
genetics and/or general molecular biology skills preferred. Cold Spring
Harbor Lab offers state-of-the-art facilities for plant genetics,
imaging, and genomics.
Please make inquiries to jacksond at cshl.org, telephone 516-367-8467. CSHL
is situated on the north shore of Long Island, one hour from New York
City.
Competitive salary and housing benefits are offered. See our Web site
http://www.cshl.org/.