Info on Binary Vectors

P. Rocha pscfr2 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 7 03:08:53 EST 2000

Hello,

The integration patterns of T-DNAs (namely getting "single copy" versus
"repeats" at a locus) depend on a variety of factors. Included are the
VECTOR used, Agrobacterium strain used and the transformation method.

I am seeking binary vectors (and strains of bacteria) that when used for
transformation via infiltration will tend to yield transformants carrying
a single T-DNA copy at the integration site (aren't we all?). If you have
any tips on this, please share them. I would also be very happy to hear
about vectors/strain combinations that upon transformation by this method
would give the"undesirable" T-DNA repeats at the integration sites.

I will collate and post back any replies as this information might be of
general utility. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pedro Rocha

E-mail: pscfr2 at cam.ac.uk
Fax:+44-1223-333992