Agricultural Genomics

ELLEN LUBMAN elubman at iirny.com
Thu May 6 10:51:56 EST 1999

New York, NY - The Institute for International Research is proud to bring
you the "Agricultural Genomics: New Technologies, Functions, and Advances"
conference on June 23, 24, and 25, 1999 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and
Marina in San Diego, California.

Through our research, we have put together a program for the agricultural,
pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries which includes practical and
innovative ways to maximize value of agricultural genomic programs and
enhance business opportunities for this growing field. With two complete
tracks focusing on Technologies for Animal Genomics & Technologies for Plant
Genomics, you have the choice of learning about innovations in either field!
Hear from the top agricultural biotech companies, as well as academic
researchers at the fore-front of their research, discuss methods on how to:

*	Understand the intellectual property guidelines and manage a
partnership
*	Utilize molecular genetics to enhance genetic improvement programs
for livestock
*	Establish a bioinformatics program for managing and integrating
genomic data
*	Express recombinant proteins from transgenes using the plastid
genome
*	Integrate gene expression data to build models using proprietary new
software
*	Apply swine genomics to biomedical research and formulate genetic
maps
*	Identify biochemical targets for transgenic manipulation of plant
natural products
*	Create a specialized plant database of resistant gene sequences and
motifs
*	Use the Arabidopsis thaliana genome database as a uniform data
resource

Also, don't miss the pre-conference workshop, "Applying Bioinformatics
Software to Agricultural Genomics: Exploring New Tools and Technologies".
This is a must-attend workshop for individuals seeking to expand their
informatics utilization and learn about the most contemporary software for
agriculture.

      We combine experience with new case studies in order to bring you the
most innovative solutions to creating a highly efficient and expedient
agricultural genomics program. Our team of superior industry speakers that
we brought together for this event are experts from organizations including:
THE INSTITUTE FOR GENOMIC RESEARCH; USDA-ARS ; MONSANTO; SILICON GENETICS;
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY; BIOSOURCE
TECHNOLOGIES; SAMUEL ROBERTS NOBLE FOUNDATION; MOLECULAR SIMULATIONS;
GENELOGIC INC.; ORIGEN INC.; CURAGEN CORPORATION; AVIGENICS INC.; PIONEER
HI-BRED; PANGEA SYSTEMS; UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS; LIFE TECHNOLOGIES; DOW
AGROSCIENCES; STANFORD UNIVERSITY; PARADIGM; UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA;
MAXYGEN;
CEREON; ORION GENOMICS.

For further information, including registration details, please call IIR at
888/670-8200 US or 941/951-7885 Intl, Fax 941/365-2507 or visit our website
at  <http://www.iir-ny.com> www.iir-ny.com

__
Ellen Lubman
Vice President, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Division
Institute for International Research
Phone: (212) 661-3500 ext. 3153
Fax: (212) 599-2192
Email: elubman at iirny.com