myroystilation

Ludwig-Mueller Ludwig-Mueller at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Mar 21 11:25:15 EST 1996

Dear netters,

we are working with a protein, which has several putative myroystilation
sites. We suspect that these sites function as a membrane anchor, because
we were not able to solubilize the protein with a number of detergents we
have tested so far. I am wondering whether somebody knows how to cleave such
sites. We found in a paper that an enzyme called polymyxin acylase is able
to cleave myroystilation sites, but we could not find a source for the
enzyme. Does anybody know a source for this enzyme or is willing to share
with us small amounts for initial experiments? Any other suggestions for
solubilization are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jutta Ludwig-Mueller
Botanisches Institut