Chloroplast protein extraction

Paul E. Ulanch PULANCH at bioch.tamu.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:15:18 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960312183815.17395A-100000 at bute>,
   Jose F Gutierrez Marcos <jfgm at st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:

>How could I extract proteins form isolated chloroplasts and being
able to
>be quantified???
>
>Thanks

Jose,

After you extract your plastids, quantitate them.  There are many
papers out there dealing with purification of photosynthetic
proteins, rubisco, tranlation and transcription machinery in the
plastids and others that you should have no problem getting an idea
how other people have been purifying chloroplast proteins.  I have
had some experience purifying RNA polymerase from pea and barley
plastids so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Paul "Goose" Ulanch

Dept. Biochem/Biophys
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX   77843-2128