Method for nuclear extracts

Judy Brusslan bruss at csulb.edu
Mon Mar 11 16:22:14 EST 1996

Hi, A method for extraction of nuclei (and nuclear-run on conditions) is
given in The Plant Cell vol 5, 667-677. This procedure does not require
any percoll gradient, and I only used 6g of tissue (rosette
leaves).        I used fresh tissue when these
experiments were done.  I never tried frozen tissue, but I imagine it
would be difficult to recover intact nuclei from frozen tissue. Good
luck, Judy Brusslan