In-planta follow up

Irene irene at pondside.uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 23 16:58:54 EST 1994

Thanks to all who replied to my in-planta transformation technique question
(why is it necessary to use two agrobacterium inoculations?).

The upshot is: no one really seems to know  why two inoculations are
necessary - it's just the protocol.    Apparently, no one has tried the one
-inoculation control to see if the efficiency is lower.   I suspect that
the second inoculation is the only one really necessary, but
it is hard to be sure on this.

The other consensus seemed to be that vacuum infiltration was a far
superior method.

Thanks again, all.

--
Irene Shonle