Fidelity of polyadenylation in plants

Chuck Gasser csgasser at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 15 13:55:10 EST 1994

Peter Hare asked about poly-adenylation sites in plants.

For the more than ten different mRNAs for which I have sequenced
multiple
cDNA clones only one or two genes had consistent poly-A addition sites.
 All
of the others showed variability in the site of poly-A addition,
varying in
position by up to 50 bases.  These range from EPSP synthase in tomato
some of the Arabidopsis cyclophilin genes.  I would be interested to
know if
there are any publications addressing this apparently common
phenomenon.

Chuck Gasser
csgasser at ucdavis.edu