apoptosis

June I. Medford jim2 at PSU.EDU
Wed Nov 16 18:04:21 EST 1994

Anne, I can say that I know Greek, but I am very interested in Apoptosis.
We've seen cell death in one of our mutants (Forever young) and are trying
to find out if it is necrosis or apoptosis.  Have you seen any cell death
in your plants?  Also, do you know if anyone has definitive evidence for
apoptosis in plants. I know of Dellaporta's work, and some say that
abscission and xylogenesis is apoptotic.  What do you think.  THANKS, june
medford

Dr. June I. Medford
Department of Biology
Assistant Professor of Biology and Biotechnology
506 Wartik Laboratory
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802   USA
Telephone:  (814)-863-6092