(none)

tokuko ujino t-ujino at bs.aist-nara.ac.jp
Mon Nov 14 03:29:36 EST 1994

Many thanks to every body who responded to my question regarding GFP. The

TOKUKO UJINO
NARA ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY(NAIST) JAPAN
Marty Chalfie came out to Oregon a few months ago and told me that someone
in England was using an approach combining fusing Arabidopsis genes to Gal4
and putting GFP under the expression of the Gal4 UAS.  Kind of a neat
reporter system I thought.  Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the
person who is doing this, I only know that he is the husband of the person
who first used GFP in Drosophila.  Sorry I couldn't give you more help.

PS  Marty has said that he is willing to give the GFP system out to anyone
who wants it, so it should be no problem for you to request it from him

Good luck,
        Bryan Pickett
Hi,
we tryed GFP under control of the CaMV 35S promoter and under control of a
guard
cell specific promoter in Arabidopsis and tobacco but we could not detect any
fluorescence in the transgenic plants.
Please let me know of other replies you get.
With best wishes,

Thomas Altmann
Alot of people (including me) have tried without any success.  it turns out
that there is a cryptic intron in the GFP sequence that is excised in the
plant.  This was figured out by Jim Hasseloff (John Innes) , who is also
in the process of making a modified GFP without the splice sites.  I'm
waiting and hoping.   JocelynX-News: mcclb0 bionet.genome.arabidopsis:2531
TOKUKO UJINO
NARA ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY(NAIST)   JAPAN
t-ujino at bs.aist-nara.ac.jp (tokuko ujino)
  I'm belong to a master's course