bluescript

pstaswick at crcvms.unl.edu pstaswick at crcvms.unl.edu
Tue May 17 15:45:55 EST 1994

In article <2rafqt$gqt at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Neil Butt <N.J.Butt at sussex.ac.uk> writes:
> Dear Netters,
> We have recently been screening ZAP libraries and getting what appears
> to be positive signals. Primary screens give reasonable duplicates and
> secondary screens show strongly reacting plaques. ..........

Some time ago I had exactly the same problem. After excission and blotting the
vector signal was strong and the insert weak. Since I was using a heterologous
probe at low stringency I assumed these were just "false positives". But I
thought it a bit peculiar because the signals from screening plaques were so
strong and reproducible. Anxious to here an explanation too. (Wonder if I
threw out the clones?)

Paul Staswick
Dept. of Agronomy
University of Nebraska