vital staining for GUS

Ed Rybicki ed at micro.uct.ac.za
Wed May 11 10:17:38 EST 1994

Dear Arabidopsers:

Since this is about the most vital plant-associated bionet group that our
mainframe gets, I am posting this question here even tho it does not
specifically related to Arabidopsis.

Question: how does one stain callus tissue / suspension cells / leaf tissue
for GUS activity without killing it?

We have a problem in that we would like very much to preserve the tissue in
which we are getting GUS expression for future work / multiplication /
regeneration, but are not entirely certain as to how to go about it - short of
a long and potentially wasteful (to say nothing of expensive) series of
experiments.

Can anyone help?  Email to ed at micro.uct.ac.za, please.

Thanks in advance....

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |    "Now you've got the hang of it    |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        | There's nothing you can't do with it |
 | Dept Microbiology           |        If you're very into it        |
 | University of Cape Town     |         You can't go wrong...."      |
 | 7700, South Africa          |               -Mad John              |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         | (Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Small Faces)|