Two Free Publications in AgBiotech-ecological risk and Int. property

PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Wed May 4 13:35:38 EST 1994

Following two publications on Agricultural Biotechnology are avaible for free

1. Jane Rissler and Margaret Mellon (1993), "Perils Amidst the Promise:
Ecological Risks of Transgenic Crops in a Global Market" Write Union of
Concerned Scientists, 26  Church St., Cambridge, MA 02238, USA.
Ph: (617) 547-5552.

2. J. Jan Wijk, J. I. Cohen and J. Komen (1993) Intellectual property
Rights for Agricltural Biotechnology: Options and Implications for
Developing Countries. ISNAR Research Report No. 3.
Write to International Service for National Agricltural Research
PO Box 93375, The Hague, The Netherlands
Mention ISBN # 9.2-9118-0143-3.  Fax# +31 70 381 9677

Now that I have your attention, let me also mention a wonderful
free newsjournal on AgBiotech and Developing countries called
"Biotechnology and Development Monitor" available from:

	Biotechnology and Development Monitor
	Dept of International Relations and Public Int. Law
	Oudezijds Achterburgesl 237
	1012 DL Amsterdam
	The Netherlands
	Ph: 31 20 525 2177
	Fax: 31 20 525 2086

Hope you gene jockies would find time to read on issues
related to sociological, ethical and other aspects of Biotech.
i think they are very important.

C. S. PRAKASH				PHONE (205) 727 8023
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE			FAX   (205) 727 8067
TUSKEGEE UNIVERSITY			PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU