GUS-fusion protein dtection

Group.NRaikhel 22693MGR at MSU.EDU
Mon Jun 6 13:27:43 EST 1994

       Dear arabidopsis netters
     1-  I'm looking for a protocol to extract a cimeric protein containing a
7-transmembrane-protein fused to GUS w/o affecting GUS activity.
     2-  Does anyone have a working protocol to detect the activity of a
GUS-fusion protein on SDS-PAGE or a membrane?
     3-  Does anyone have a "good" antibody to GUS that can detect a
GUS-fusio protein on western as well as for immunolocalization?
     4- Does anyone know if GUS is active as a monomer?

     I will appreciate any comments.  Thanks Maor.

    Maor Bar-Peled
    Plant Res. Lab.
    MSU

     E-mail:   22693MGR at MSU.bitnet