dominant gene symbols

Robert Robbins rrobbins at GDB.ORG
Fri Sep 17 15:56:47 EST 1993

Another complicating factor is that dominance between alleles could be
affected by genetic background, so that dominance might be A > B on one
background and B > A on another.  If we hope that our development of
genetic nomenclature will eventually be trending toward general
applicability over multiple species, introducing the context- (and
species-) dependent notion of dominance into the would be a step in the
worng direction.