more on CAPS

CELENZA at WI.MIT.EDU CELENZA at WI.MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 9 20:08:22 EST 1993

I was about to send the identical message as David Bouchez when I saw his
reply to Michele Champagne regarding CAPS in WS X Col and Ler. I have two
factlets I can add.
1) In our lab Judith Bender found (after testing a battery of restriction
enzymes) a WS x Col RFLP for the ADH locus using Sau3A.
The approximate sizes are Col: 500, 300 and small
                           Ws:  310, 300 and small.
This approach will probably work for all the loci. So if anyone finds any
new RFLPs for crosses between ecotypes other than Col and Ler please post
them on the network.
2) This is probably old news to anyone who has done the procedure. The sizes
of the Ler and Col restriction fragments for PVV4 on Chromosome I are switched
with regard to ecotype.

for all the happy CAPpers in the Fink lab,
Chip Celenza