Intron Answer - Hidden in plain sight!

mmelan at pattie.wellesley.edu mmelan at pattie.wellesley.edu
Fri Sep 3 19:07:38 EST 1993

Dear Arabinetters,

        I guess only the obvious escapes me....Many thanks to all those who
pointed out that if I shift my intron/exon border to the 3' side 1 base I
wind up with a perfect consensus sequence and no change in the cDNA sequence.
My problem was that an intron site was predicted in the place that I indicated
from a soybean sequence of a closely related gene.

Moral of the story:  Arabidopsis is NOT a legume and cannot be turned into
                        one no matter how hard you try.

Thanks Again,  Melissa Melan