chromosome separation

pdunn at ATGENOME.BIO.UPENN.EDU pdunn at ATGENOME.BIO.UPENN.EDU
Wed Sep 1 17:07:26 EST 1993

----- Begin Included Message -----
Dear Tony,
	Our lab has made a cursory attempt at separating Arabidopsis chromosomes
without success. I read in a Bio Rad tech report that there is a group at Princetonwhich reports it has separated Dictyostelium chromosomes up to 9 Mb. If it's true, it's possible that some of the smaller Arabidopsis chromosomes may be resolvable bythis protocol. The reference is Cox, E.C. et al PNAS 87, 8724-8251 '90.
	With regard to making transformation libraries, I don't see why you would
need chromosome specific libraries since the genome is reasonably small enough to be handled in a single library. Perhaps I'm missing something?
	Hope this helps,
 	Pat
	pdunn @atgenome.bio.upenn.edu

----Included message----

- Dear Netters,

-I would like to access the possibility of the making of chromosome specific transf-ormation
-libraries in order to complement some cell shape mutants. I think this type of wor-k would rely on
-the ability to separate Arabidopsis chromosomes. Does anyone know if the separate -of Arabidopsis
-chromosomes is possible? Are such libraries available?

-Comments welcome.

----- End Included Message -----