Genomic P1 Library Screening Service

LAZO,GERARD glazo at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Thu Sep 17 16:18:00 EST 1992

I thought I'd pass along this information
to the Arabidopsis Bulletin Board.......

Gold BioTechnology, Inc. has constructed a series of phage-P1 vector
libraries for mouse, Drosophila, and human genomes.  They routinely
retrieve clones from these libraries utilizing PCR-based matrice
screenings.  Each clone retrieved contains approximately 100 kbp of DNA
from the genomic region of interest.  As a service, Gold BioTechnology
will take the PCR primers provided to them, will amplify up the target
DNA, identify the positive clones for the screen, and will forward the
phage-P1 vector clones to you in a few days (each containing approximately
100 kbp of DNA insert).  I'm not sure what the cost is at this time.  If
there is enough interest in such a service, they are contemplating the
construction of similar libraries for plant researchers.  At the moment they
are considering the construction of libraries for Arabidopsis, cotton, maize,
soybean, etc.....  At his stage, they are trying to get a feel for the
demand from the plant research community for such a service.  If you are
somewhat interested, you may want to contact Gold BioTechnology expressing
your interest in such a service.  If interested, please contact:

	Paul Gold
	Gold Biotechnology, Inc.
	7166 Manchester Rd.
	St. Louis, MO 63143

	phone: 800-248-7609
	       314-647-2509
	fax  : 314-647-4134

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the Gold BioTechnology, Inc.
organization.  I am just passing along this information for those which
may be interested in the services that Gold BioTechnology has to offer.

P.S.	I just saw an ad for this company (GS/GBT) in the recent BioTechniques
	Vol.13, No.3, September 1992.  If you're interested in more
	information you should circle Reader Service No. 230 in that issue.

Gerard R. Lazo               /\     //====== glazo at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Plant Biology Division      // \   //            LAB: 405-221-7305
The S.R. Noble Foundation, Inc. \ //======           FAX: 405-221-7380
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73402   //     \/                      MSG: 405-223-5810