Post-doctoral Position

Beverley.Green at MTSG.UBC.CA Beverley.Green at MTSG.UBC.CA
Tue Apr 7 15:16:40 EST 1992

                        POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
     CHARACTERIZATION OF HIGH CHLOROPHYLL FLUORESCENCE MUTANTS OF
                             ARABIDOPSIS.

      We have isolated a number of high chlorophyll fluorescence
(hcf) mutants of Arabidopsis blocked in photosynthetic electron
transport. Two of them are particularly interesting in that they
appear to affect the processing or stability of some polycistronic
chloroplast transcripts in a selective way (Dinkins et al,ISPMB
abst.#1969). These EMS-induced mutants need to be further
characterized molecularly to determine the exact nature of the defect.
We will also be screening T-DNA mutagenized lines for similar hcf
mutants.
      A position is available immediately for a postdoctoral fellow
to work on the characterization of these mutants and participate in
the isolation of T-DNA-induced hcf mutants. The most suitable
candidate for this position would have had some practical experience
in plant genetics (not necessarily Arabidopsis) as well as basic
molecular biology and biochemical techniques. Photosynthesis aspects
can be learned on the job; in fact, this would be a good opportunity
for a plant molecular biologist/geneticist to diversify into a
fascinating area.
      I would like to fill this position by July 1 if possible. If
this project sounds interesting to you, please call me at 604-822-2349
or send a FAX indicating your general background and interests (604-
822-6089).
      Dr. Beverley R. Green,
      Botany Department,
      University of B.C.,