The 1992 announcement for the NSF Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
in Plant Biology Program is now available for distribution. To
obtain a copy of this announcement, please ask for "Postdoctoral
Research Fellowships in Plant Biology, 1992 Announcement"
(NSF 91-63) via one of the following mechanisms:
1. Write to Forms and Publications
Rm. 232, National Science Foundation
1800 G street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20550
2. Call NSF - Forms and Publications
3. Send request through e-mail to
pubs at nsf (Bitnet)
pubs at nsf.gov (Internet)
4. Ask for a copy at the grants and contracts office at your
institution who will receive a copy shortly, if not
The deadline for application for the FY1992 award is November 1,
1991. It is very important that the potential applicant read
carefully the new 1992 announcement because there are some major
changes in the 1992 program guidelines. Those changes include:
1. Change in application forms (format as well as content).
2. Change in eligibility.
3. More emphasis in the applicant's statement on
the overall objectives / approaches of the research and
training plan as they relate to the applicant's long-term
4. In recognition of the need for future plant scientists
with broad international perspectives, an emphasis on
research experience in foreign laboratories is added to
the selection criteria.
If potential applicants have further questions after reading the
1992 announcement, please contact the postdoctoral fellowships in
plant biology program at 202/357-7652.