IUBio

Move National Health Care discussion/Start ageing FAQ discussion

Robert Bradbury rbradbur at hardy.u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 5 11:56:17 EST 1992

In article <Jun.4.12.21.44.1992.29161 at genbank.bio.net> kristoff at genbank.bio.net (David Kristofferson) writes:

>This is a very interesting discussion in many respects, but I want to
>remind everyone that the purpose of bionet.molbio.ageing is for
>                                           ^^^^^^
>discussion of scientific research on ageing.

Ok, my hands are slapped.  Please remove national health care from
bionet.molbio.ageing discussions and I'll start a thread in sci.bio/sci.med
about the best place to discuss it.

One of the things I want to start discussing is whether there is a FAQ for
ageing?  If not can we start one?  I am willing to take suggestions on what
it should contain (survey of aging theories, good references, maximum
longevities, lists of "hot" researchers, etc.).  This group seems to have
a small following, if we want to make it interesting to the people actively
involved in research then we need to
  1) Make it easy for people to get "up-to-speed" on ageing.
  2) Make it "the place" to discuss new results.
I'm willing to put some time into this if others are willing to provide
their thoughts and critique.

Now, at the risk of putting something else in the wrong group, I want
to bring up the issue of cryobiology.  This is an active area of research
with a small following.  It there a feeling that discussion of cryobiology
is an appropriate topic for molbio.ageing or would people like to see
a separate group formed?

Robert Bradbury		uunet!sftwks!bradbury or rbradbur at u.washington.edu